Sunday 18 April 2010

More observations

I'll let you in on a little secret here; when I do these random observation blogs it's because I feel guilty about not having written in a while but have neither the time nor the inclination to construct a well thought out and informed rant right now. Therefore I just write lots of things that I've seen recently that have either annoyed or amused me. Sometimes things amaze me too, but it's quite rare these days. So there you have it. I'm fobbing you off with some lazy verbal toss. Don't hate me too much.

+ It's been one of the most joyously sunny days of the year so far today. I spent most of it indoors trying to make the flat as dark as possible for photography purposes. I suck.

+ That said, I did play 90 minutes of football yesterday in the blazing sunshine, leading to a burnt face and mild sunstroke. The weekend wasn't a complete washout...

+ Icelandic volcano. What a c***.

+ Playing football yesterday also alerted me to the fact that it is possible to be athletic even though your legs are the width of a grass snake. I swear Peter Crouch's skinnier brother was playing against us yesterday. He should have had a pie at half time, not an orange slice.

+ The warm weather really does divide people. I saw someone today wearing a wooly hat and a warm jacket. Shortly down the road I saw someone practically naked. It begs the question, what does the first person do in the dead of winter, and what the hell does the second person do when it's genuinely hot? Some people have messed up internal thermostats. Either that or they're fucking imbeciles.

+ I know it's petty, but I'm starting to consider deleting my Facebook account. It's not because I hate the bizarreness of it all. No. It's not even because I have to constantly see photos of other people in exotic locations clearly having far more fun than me sat at my desk in work. Goodness no. The only reason I'm thinking of leaving the biggest social networking site in the world today is because of the truly horrific standard of grammar and punctuation used by the majority of people on it. Just to clarify, they're, their and there are three completely different words with entirely different meanings. We're and were are not the same thing, and neither are to and too. If a post spans more than six or seven lines it's likely a full stop or a comma were needed in there at some point. I don't think I'm friends with anyone younger than 20 on Facebook. There are no excuses.

Right, low quality rant over. Hopefully I'll think of something more interesting to say soon. Either that or I'll post a photo of my face looking mildly disgruntled. A picture paints a thousand words and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment