Wednesday 25 February 2009

Oral buggery

The latest Walkers Crisps promotion has created an abomination.

The idea was that the general public would suggest lots of new flavours of crisps and six would be chosen for countryside consumption. The public will vote for their favourite, which will then be added to the standard Walkers repertoire, earning the creator a tidy sum of money. All good and well you'd think. But, having nearly discharged the contents of my stomach out of my mouth onto my keyboard at lunchtime today, I can safely say that all is not good and well.

Here is my warning: please, for the love of not puking, steer clear of the fish & chip flavored crisps. I'll give it to them, they've absolutely nailed the smell and flavour. Congratulations. But if there's one thing I don't want a thin slice of potato to taste like, it's fish. The shock and disgust I experienced as I slid one into my mouth was quite incredible. Similar, one can only imagine, to falling on a large pile of dog poo with your mouth open.

Try them if you must, but don't say I didn't warn you...

1 comment:

  1. I have it on good authority that the 'Cajun Squirrel' crisps taste like a kitten farting in your mouth...

    ReplyDelete